Illinois American Water is now accepting applications for the 2013 Environmental Grant Program. They are seeking innovative and collaborative programs that result in positive and sustainable environmental changes. Watershed protection activities, biodiversity projects and hazardous waste collection efforts are just a few examples of potential winners through their Environmental Grant Program. Last year, they awarded over $25,000 in grant funding across Illinois for innovative, community-based environmental projects. The grant recipients targeted the funds to improve, restore and/or protect the watersheds, surface water and/or groundwater supplies in the communities we serve.
Deadline for entries is March 11, 2013 – Entries must be emailed to Karen Cotton at firstname.lastname@example.org or postmarked by March 11, 2013 and mailed to Karen Cotton at 7500 North Harker Drive, Peoria, Illinois 61615. Late entries will not be accepted. Email is preferred, but not required.
To qualify for Environmental Grant funding, a proposed project must be located within an Illinois American Water service area and:
- address a source water or watershed protection need in the community
- be completed between May 1, 2013 and November 29, 2013
- be a new or innovative program for the community, or serve as a significant expansion to an existing program
- be carried out by a formal or informal partnership between two or more organizations
- provide evidence of sustainability (continue existence after the American Water grant monies are utilized)
Information is available online at www.illinoisamwater.com